Updated: 25 May 2018
- What information we collect (how and why we collect and use it);
- What we do with the information (when and why we disclose it to others);
- Links to other websites;
- Controlling your personal information and withdrawing your consent;
- How long we will hold your information for;
- How to contact us;
What information we collect
When you contact us or use our online contact form, we may collect your name, IP address, email address, phone number. We use this data to communicate, notify, monitor performance and subscriptions, to gather feedback and for internal records keeping.
We also collect:
- questions, queries, comments, the feedback you leave and your email address – if you contact us;
- your email address and subscription preferences – when you sign up for our email alerts;
- how you use our emails – for example, whether you open them and which links you click on;
- your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you used;
- information on how you use the site;
What we do with the information
Vera Keves & Co is a translation and interpreting service.
We use the information to contact you, offer and arrange services we provide. We also need the information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular to:
- Offer personalised help, support and guidance;
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it;
- Gather feedback to improve our services;
- Respond to any feedback you send us – if you’ve asked us to;
- Inform you about news, updates, new products, special offers or other information we think you may find useful or interesting – if you have opted-in;
We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your needs and preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and some features may not function correctly. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. The ‘help’ function within your browser should tell you how. If you delete cookies relating to this website we will not remember things about you, including your cookie preferences, and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site. More information about cookies and how to decline cookies.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor behaviour on our website. To protect your privacy, IP addresses are anonymised. However, if you do not wish to allow the use of Google Analytics cookies, here you can Disable Google Analytics.
Links to other websites
Linguist Directory contains links to other websites. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and we do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. We also have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it. Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. By using our website you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
From time to time and for operational reasons the personal information we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Your information may also be processed by some of our service providers which operate outside the EEA.
Controlling your personal information and withdrawing your consent
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Review and adjust your Privacy Preferences
- Manage cookies in your browser
- Unsubscribe from New Job Alerts or News & Updates
- Cancel your Linguist Directory membership
- Disable Google Analytics
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You can request details of personal information which we hold about you by email at in**@ve*******.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible using our online contact form, or email us at in**@ve*******.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How long we will hold your information for
Upon receiving a cancellation request we will process it within a reasonable time to ensure that your personal information and business details are no longer displayed on the website. You can also request for all your personal data we hold to be deleted by writing to in**@ve*******.com.
We may keep some information necessary for our internal record keeping for a period permitted or required by law. All data we hold is reviewed on a yearly basis. If no longer used, the data is, either erased or archived. We don’t keep data any longer than it is necessary.
How to contact us